Sunday 20 July 2008

The Winning Formula Comes to an End...

Posted by Obsession on Wednesday, December 20, 2006. Visit Obsession's BodyDaemon Journal.

I finished the nutritional side of my "Winning Formula" program today; for the next two weeks I will be aiming for 2750cal, increase to 3000 after that, then after two weeks at 3000, increase to 3250 and see what changes my body is making. I will keep my meal timing, types and macronutrient ratios and just eat more. I have decided to take it easy on Christmas day and even give myself a little room to move on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. I believe I can let go a little through this period without any serious consequences.


On the training side of things, at the end of the week I'll be finished with my current training schedule. I've got two weeks off work from next week - the first week, I'll take the entire time off training unless I specifically feel like working something... Then again, I might sneak into the gym once or twice for a light full-body workout. The second week I will go in for two, slightly heavier full body workouts and make sure I get in two interval sessions as well.


From Monday 8th January, I'll be starting my slightly modified Escalating Density Training program. I will be keeping Charles Staley's principles, splits and time frames, but will change some of the exercises as I'm not keen on some of them (e.g. Leg Extension/Leg Curl superset). I will also be completing two interval training sessions and one steady-state cardio session per week to keep up a high G-Flux. I'll gear my nutrition around this till I am slowly gaining weight. More on this in a fortnight.


Check out the body composition section of today's journal for pics at the end of my "The Winning Formula" program. I think I've done quite well. Even though my progress slowed somewhat towards the end of the period, I'm still very happy with what I've accomplished. Looking back on the pictures of myself in August, 4 months ago, I'm very, very different. Now the aim will be to put on some muscle mass without compromising too much of the body-fat losses I've made in the past four month. It will be very interesting to see how this goes - I've never had too much success with putting on muscle mass, but then again, I've never really given my diet 100% attention.


Merry Christmas,


Obsession

No comments: