Sunday 20 July 2008

Dissecting OVT

Posted by Obsession on Monday, July 23, 2007. Visit Obsession's BodyDaemon Journal.

Very happy with my progress over the last two months.


Especially happy with the fact that my arms have gone up 1cm to the highest they've ever been. Note, though, that unlike Thib's original specification, I also worked bis and tris on another day earlier in the week, to give them more overall volume. Just a few sets, but enough to know that they're working.


Chest and shoulders have gone back up to the levels they were after my unsuccessful Westside strength gaining attempt. On a happier note, my legs are also bigger than they've ever been, and my waistline has only gained 0.5cm, even though I'm pinching 4.5cm more than I used to down there.


Nutrition-wise, for most of the time I was sticking to 3500cal, quite a few days I was winging it as long as I was still gaining weight. I gained approximately 3kg over the last 8 weeks.


Now, I'm taking a week off, but keeping the calories at 3500. According to Thibaudeau, a lot of the growth should take place in the deloading stage, so I'll measure myself again in a week to see if this had any impact. If it makes a significant difference, I'll keep resting for another week before going back on "The Winning Formula" to lose the extra bodyfat I've put on over the last 8 weeks, hopefully more. I've decided against a strength phase because I actually gained strength over the last 8 weeks too. PLUS, I did gain strength when I was doing "The Winning Formula" last time.

No comments: