Monday 21 July 2008

Injury Woes

Posted by jim on Monday, November 06, 2006. Visit jim's BodyDaemon Journal.

Hi Everyone


I know I haven't been updating my journal and I know this is a bit weird since it's my site! However there is good reason. My training has been pretty much non existant, I now have a very good handle on my 2 injuries:



  • SHOULDER
    I probably have a torn labrum ligament. I had an MRI scan under dye 3 days ago, and I get the results this week. Then i'll know what I've done, and what needs to be done to repair it. Until then I'm loathe to train upper body as I don't want to make any injury worse, so I'm not doing much beyond a few pressups / chin-ups to keep things ticking over.

  • LEG
    I have a plica in my right knee that has to be removed. This is being done in 15 days. The pain comes and goes with activities like cycling, squatting etc.. but right now anything load bearing hurts my right leg. But with surgery coming up this will be fixed.

As a result I can't really train upper or lower body without pain, which doesn't leave a lot. So, I'm knuckling down with my job, racking up the overtime and counting the days until I can be more active again. Not long to wait now!


As goes the site: Preparations are being made for lots and lots of musclejournal goodness - watch this space!


Hope everyone is well, would be interested to hear of anyone with experience of Labrum tears..!!!


Jim :-)

No comments: