Sunday 20 July 2008

New Year new plan

Posted by Dimebag on Wednesday, January 03, 2007. Visit Dimebag's BodyDaemon Journal.

I'm more or less happy with my general size these days so I will be keeping my diet constant (lots of proteins more than anything else) and my training will be more or less the same as well.


I want to do 4 weight workouts per week and at least 1 CV for now whilst i build muscle in places that I want it. Specifically my chest and shoulders, as my chest has always been particularly crap as I am long limbed and my shoulders can never really be big enough. They are also a bit weak.


The program I am following now keeps things fairly simple, in the week I will do:


Chest / Shoulders


Back


Shoulders / Chest


Legs + Abs


 


The emphasis being the first listed body part on a particular day.


I feel my deadlift is comming on quite nicely as I hit 308lbs in it the other day, but i'm not sure my form is the best. For this reason I'll be keeping it at a lower weight (120kg/265lb) and working at a few more good reps/sets to make sure i'm doing it right. Back isnt a problem for me and deadlifts are the one thing that has seriously helped me to put on weight.


For chest I will be concentrating on building up some more definition around the central area and the upper area with lots of flys and incline work. I want to level them out so they look flat and cut rather than a lump shaped more like a breast.


Shoulders for me have always been a problem, riddled with delt injuries in the past they have always been quite weak, i want to improve on this so I will be mil pressing every chest/shoulder workout and focusing on some isolation techniques to make them stronger as I progress.


My legs have been a bit neglected and thrashing out some big leg exercises tends to screw me for cardio work for the next week or so, but at the moment I dont mind. I'll build up the areas I want better until I'm satisfied then cut the rest of the fat off, saying that I dont really have much in the first place.


I'm optimistic for the new year in my training.

No comments: