Sunday 20 July 2008

A new start?

Posted by Dimebag on Monday, June 30, 2008. Visit Dimebag's BodyDaemon Journal.
    My tonsil surgery is now behind me and I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to recover after my throat was reinfected. I'm back at the gym which feels good but at the same time I have to be careful as I am still getting worn out fairly quickly and I am still sleeping long hours at night.

As a result of the operation I've lost quite a bit of fat and a little bit of upper body strength. My shoulders seem alright, about as special as they always were, my chest has lost a a few kilos of lifting power which is annoying because it was never that strong in the first place.

Due to the weight loss I think I am about 10 lbs lighter than before the surgery and from what I can see most of it is not muscular loss, my strength hasnt gone down that much so i'm fairly happy with that as a result.

What I have been looking into at the moment is a diet along the lines of the velocity diet or the V diet as its known. This diet is an extreme weight loss plan, protein rich which I believe was developed as an extension to a diet aimed at obese people who need to lose weight quickly. Porting it to a body building point of view to shred fat still works a charm but working out whilst on the plan is kinda hard as the carb level is rediculously low. The diet even goes as far as allowing you a whole one solid meal per week which to me is not going to happen. I am not *that* desperate to lose a bit of fat that I am going to cut back to one solid meal a week, I'd be seriously miserable and I wouldnt be able to keep that plan up.

To this end I have changed the diet as it were slightly, at the moment I have one solid meal a day. That is I have a protein shake with a bit of fruit smoothy when I wake up (for vitamins), depending on whether or not I go to the gym in the morning or the evening i'll have a bacon roll from the canteen in the morning and a shake shortly after. Then I have a shake for lunch and a meal around 5 or so of good lean food with a lot of protein (tonight is sausage and prawn miso ramen) and then a shake later on before bed.

I wouldnt like to say I can "see it working" or anything of the sort yet as I've only really been doing it in dribs and drabs for the last week to see if I can actually stomach it. Ahuhuhuh I see my sense of wit is still with me. Seriously though its actually fairly hard to maintain but think of it as just cutting lunch out as a solid meal and having a shake instead. I think that a couple/few weeks on this diet with normal training should let me lose enough weight without loss of muscle or strength to the point that my body fat will be very low, around 7% again if I do the course well.

I want the fat this low so I can then focus on starting to train for mass again without having a lot of fat on me. I just think i look and feel a lot better when my body fat is very low. The fact that I now have a girlfriend (I'll look back on this in however amount of time when I randomly read this entry again and will most likely be letting myself in for a whole host of sorrow but hey) is not going to deter me to start getting slack with my health, she's a lovely trim size 8 and I want to look good for her too.

Dime

No comments: