Sunday 20 July 2008

Blogging. Blog. I don't think, I just type.

Posted by Zoweh on Tuesday, February 19, 2008. Visit Zoweh's BodyDaemon Journal.
I'm not really sure why or what I'm blogging particularly. I just thought I'd have a go, since I'm trying out all aspects of the site :)

(if anyone actually bothers to read this, please be excusing the rubbish which I write)

Hugo and oscar are minding their own business for once, and it's all quite peaceful in the living room. I'd like to go in the other room and do some cycling, but it almost feels mean to move them since its so rare they relax and settle down, whilst both in the same room.

On a slightly related/unrelated note - I'm trying to work my way up to cycling for a quite a while. I started last week at 5 minutes (how pathetic is that? my thighs, oh my most poorest of thighs!)

And now I'm up to ten! ten whole minutes! Haha. The main thing that really puts me off is pure boredom. I have such a short attention span when it comes to anything like cycling/rowing/elliptical. I've tried taking my mind off it by doing other stuff at the same time, like watching TV, listening to music, reading...have you tried reading whilst cycling btw? its not easy. the book jiggles around like no-ones business and I kept reading the same line over and over because I kept losing where I was. Back to music, for now, I suppose. Its silly because I know if I put my mind to it I can do it. I think I've got a mental blockage on it. I've convinced myself that cycling is very very boring, with a lump of slate on top, and indeed it has become very, very boring. Also I am kind of unhealthy, but surely being bored by the one thing that will help me on the path to healthdom is somewhat counter productive?

I'd like to do something more jazzy when it comes to exercising, purely from an interest point of view...like I used to do gymnastics when I was smaller, and dancing, but now the closest I come to dancing is on a sticky floor in a nightclub. I tried this dance DVD - what a load of cack that was. I can honestly say I've never felt more ridiculous in my life - and embarrassed cos the dog was watching me, looking like

"seriously, I've just had a leg operation, and I'd look better doing this dance than you do."

Onwards I trundle.

P.s No longer is the livingroom filled with dogs being good and quiet. Oscar has just solved the stupid, cardboard mindbender puzzle thats been sitting on the floor all week, just waiting for someone to complete it.

He has eaten one of the pieces.

No comments: