Sunday 20 July 2008

Thibaudeau's OVT

Posted by Obsession on Tuesday, May 29, 2007. Visit Obsession's BodyDaemon Journal.

I was on "The Winning Formula" for about a month, went from 14mm in my abdominal measurement to 10mm. I had hoped for more, but my diet wasn't quite right. There were too many times when I went out to dinner and ate >2500 cal. I even went down to 2250cal/day for the last couple of weeks. I could have done more but I found that I couldn't do the same amount of work as when I was on the same program last year. This is possibly because I have been replacing the "surge" post workout drink with my Musashi Protien blend plus Milo.


I'm getting back into my bulking phase after a week deloading/recovering. The plan is to go straight to 3250cal/day and see if I gain weight from there. I will be trying out Christian Thibaudeau's "Optimised Volume Training", which stimulates the muscle groups once per week. I'll do this for 8 weeks and guage my progress from there. I'll do another four weeks of strength training after that.


Funny thing is that I got stronger in quite a few lifts while I was on the "The Winning Formula" program. I can only assume that the type of workloads were very well suited to me, despite a lack of calories to maintain weight.

No comments: