Monday 21 July 2008

MuscleJournal :)

Posted by jim on Wednesday, October 11, 2006. Visit jim's BodyDaemon Journal.

Hey guys,


I wanted to let you all know what's going on with the site, as there haven't been any updates for a while.


Don't worry - MJ is still going strong - and I have lots of plans for the site in the future. The problem is having the time to do them! I've just quit a permanent job in favour of contracting, and am going through the process of forming a limited company. I am in a contract until mid-December which is pretty much going to take up all of my computer time - I am working around 60-70 hours a week right now!


The plan is, after this contract, I'll have a reasonable buffer of money, and I plan to spend some time working on MuscleJournal as a day job. So, we need to get together a big list of improvements you guys would like to see to the site.


I'm hoping to do the following at the end of this year / beginning of next:



  • Spend 3-4 weeks making any requested changes, and adding a bunch of cool new features
  • Invest some money promoting the site on the Internet
  • Attempt to get a bunch of posters up in UK gyms
  • Try to get some magazine coverage from prominent fitness / lifting publications
  • Ultimately, try to get MJ generating some nominal income from non-intrusive advertising (perhaps we could put a supplement shop or similar).

If I can make MuscleJournal generate a reasonable amount of cash, I can justify spending several weeks a year working on it, alongside traditional development contracts. This would be great for everyone involved, as I get to work on lots of good new features for the site, and can keep improving it.


Until this contract is over, updates are going to be limited to site maintenance and any urgent bug fixes. This doesn't mean the site is being forgotten and left by the wayside though. far from it in fact :)


So - that's the plan! What do you all think?


Cheers,
Jim

No comments: