Monday 21 July 2008

First workouts in a long time

Posted by jim on Friday, September 22, 2006. Visit jim's BodyDaemon Journal.

Urgh..


Had 2 proper workouts this week for the first time in ages, what with everything that's been happening. I'll input the training info tommorow.


Suffice to say, I'm weak as a kitten! Some lifts aren't too bad - but anything involving my back seems to be very poor. Lots of work to be done.


I have my new home gym setup in the garage - a power rack and olympic weights will be forthcoming (once i get paid), but for now I have:



  • A cheap and nasty adjustable bench;

  • A 5 foot barbell that weighs very little;

  • Around 140 kilos in discs of various shapes and sizes

  • 2 adjustable dumbells (with the discs I have, i can get up to 37.5 kilos on each)

  • An EZ-Curl bar

  • A step platform around 2 foot high (adjustable via bricks)

  • Skipping rope

  • Stationary bike

  • Elliptical Trainer

  • A strategically positioned vertical pipe + various rubber bands, allowing rear delt flyes, rotator cuff exercises, etc.

  • A very high ceiling allowing safe overhead lifts

  • A stereo and some good music (at last!)

Not too bad a setup I reckon! Will upload pics.


Jim

No comments: