Thursday 28 August 2008

Why does fitness matter to me?

Posted by lwilsonesq on Friday, August 29, 2008. Visit lwilsonesq's BodyDaemon Journal.
I actually got into fitness in my late teens and early 20s because I was convinced it would help me to enjoy a better quality of life for longer as I got older.  I had in mind that it would be cool to get bigger and look better, but mostly I just didn't want to end up like all the older people (50+) that I knew. 

Now that I am in my 50s I am really glad I got into keeping fit.  I never did gain all that bulk that my 20 year old self would have liked, but now I couldn't care less about that.  I still manage to run a 10K every other day at about 7 minutes a mile and I can still lift a lot of weight for a very skinny guy.  At 51, skinny's not such a bad thing!

No comments: